I turned 24 on the 6th of this month, and I can dare say that that was my best birthday yet. For one, it’s because on this day I felt a hundred percent connected and aligned with my dreams. Secondly, the day was filled with soooo much love from my family and friends.
I am still wallowing on the joy of that day, so I came up with a list of 24 things that I believe to be true now that I am 24.
- A smile is the easiest way to warm up someone’s heart.
- One of the most valuable investments anyone will ever make in their life is to build a strong inner circle.
- Sometimes you are the toxic one in a relationship. Until you are keen to note your toxic traits then you cannot build healthy and solid relationships.
- Opening yourself to feel is the easiest way to get heartbroken. But I think it is worth the smile it put on your face and the strength you get from the experience.
- Vengeance is never worth your time and energy.
- Regardless of who you are or how embarrassing you think it is, you should tell others how much you love and appreciate them more often. I always wish I did this more often with my grandparents.
- It is okay to be single. There is so much joy in singlehood. Being in a relationship does not give you some form of ‘respect.’ Before everything else, strive to love yourself wholesomely and enjoy your company fully.
- It is okay to feel strongly. As much as possible, do not block yourself from feeling.
- We are all struggling in one way or the other. Be kinder.
- I know for sure that I am loved deeply in so many different ways, and my only hope is that I’ll be able to spread this love to as many as possible.
On Personal Growth
11. I know for sure that it is possible to accomplish anything these days. Any dream is possible, and it can be achieved… even more than you can imagine. It all depends on how far you are willing.
12. On that note of accomplishing anything, I know for sure that programming is one of the easiest skills to learn. I took a while to know this but I’m glad I did.
13. Prayer works. I know for sure that my life is a product of prayer. It has opened so many doors that I would not have imagined before.
14. Music is easily the fastest way to be in touch with yourself and with your God.
On Life in General
15. Our insecurities are all in the mind.
16. Pain is inevitable and you will have to face it at one point in time. That said, always ask for help when you need it. And when someone needs you during their pain, be there to listen and lend a hand.
17. You only look as stupid as you’re willing to let yourself appear. The key to life is confidence. If you don’t feel confident enough, then fake it until you do.
18. People honestly care less than you think they do. Don’t make the mistake of not doing something because you are afraid of what people will think.
19. You are actually stronger than you think you are.
20. There is nothing like perfection.
21. The inner child in everyone deserves to be preserved at all costs. Walk through life graciously and radiate that innocence to those around you.
22. All we have are memories. As much as possible, strive to live in the moment because in the end all you’ll remember are the memories.
23. It gets better with time… It really does.
24. Above everything else, life is the most beautiful gift that we will ever receive. Do this gift justice by living beautifully. Treat every moment as if it were a work art. Love life, be thankful, stay gracious, be good to others, and always stay optimistic that your best days are still ahead of you.
Love and Light.